Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fight!!!

Have you ever had one of those days when your creative side seems to fight back??

As soon as I saw the split negative challenge over at Just Us Girls, I knew I wanted to play along. This is such a neat and easy technique. (I say that of course, because this is only the second time I have ever attempted it and because I have a knack for sticking my foot in my mouth and spouting off about things I don't know much about. Its just my way, what can I say.)

Anywho, I had BIG plans for this card. I was going to clear emboss over some stunningly gorgeous bright green and teal patterned paper and sponge with black, then back emboss for the split negative. And I did. I would show it to you now, but it is torn and crumpled and shredded and in the trash can right now.

I sooooo resisted going for the black and white effect. And really, now that it is all over, I don't know why I put up such a fight. I actually LIKE the way the card turned out.

So, the day is over and the card is finished. I am bruised and sore and tired. I fought the card. And, the card won!!

SUE?? SUE?? Is that you? I used brand new light tent just a couple of minutes ago (10:33pm) having completely missed a perfectly sunny day. (Card battles will do that, I guess.) I absolutely LOVE it!!! And thank goodness, because I don't know how well I would have handled another frustration today!! Thanks so much for your help!!

p.s. While attempting this challenge, I discovered a new technique (well, new for me. I've seen ya'll use it before, but I've never tried it before.) that didn't work for this, but got me started on another card. I'll post it tomorrow. See you then. :-)

5 comments:

  1. OMGosh! Your card is so FAB! I LOVE the way it turned out and aren't you glad you bought the light tent! You pic is so GREAT! Mona is the one who turned me on to the light tent so I guess we BOTH have her to thank! Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Jenn! This card is beautiful! I love the black & white with the splash of blue butterfly! Great job with the split negative technique! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls - hope you come play Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS! I'm glad the card won! LOL!! Great stamp and so pretty in the b&w and the hint of blue! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! This is such a perfect display of this technique. Sorry for all of your frustrations that day -- but it sure turned out a real beauty! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being Chick of the Week!! Your card it just beautiful-well worth the battle scars ;) Who's medallion stamp is that? I love it!!

    ReplyDelete