Friday, February 19, 2010

A Day Late!!!

And probably a dollar short, but I'll have to check my wallet.

I didn't get a chance to stamp yesterday, as I had hoped, so I made sure to set aside some time today to try that new-to-me technique I mentioned yesterday.

BTW- Thank you so much to all of you who have left comments for me. I am so glad you liked my JUGS card!! It just goes to show how great challenges can be for the creative process!! Had I not been determined to complete a split negative card, I never would have made the card I made and I never would have 'discovered' this 'new' technique!


Here is what I did. (it is kinda hard to tell in the picture, but the orange shimmers and sparkles like nobody's business. Oh man, how I love a good sparkle!! KWIM, jelly bean??)


I stamped SU's awesome medallion stamp in versa mark and then used a paint brush to apply the sweet and delicate and oh so gorgeous pearl ex powder. I swear, that stuff makes me want to believe in fairies and pixies and the like!! I just LOVE it. But, can you believe that this is my first time actually using the stuff!!! I know, it doesn't sound like love, but I swear, it is.


Here's the card. Oh, I made it for the sketch 46 Challenge over at 2 Sketches 4 You.







Oh, and look, there's a butterfly!!! Who would have thought?? :-)

p.s. I have to admit, I really liked my JUGS card too, so I quick made a couple more today with a wedding theme. I will post them a bit later, but now I am off to baseball practice with the kiddos!!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely congrats card! Thanks for entering it at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! this is so gorgeous!! LOVE it sosososoooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous!

    Thank you for playing along with us at 2 Sketches 4 You. :)

    ReplyDelete