Friday, February 12, 2010

Challenges Anyone?!?!?!?

I cannot stamp and craft today
As much as I don't want to say.
For the dishes in my kitchen sink
Are overflowing and starting to stink.
The floors should be mopped
And the groceries should be shopped.
The bathrooms are a mess,
Dust is everywhere, I confess!!
Bedrooms need tidied and beds need made.
Those pesky bills still need to be paid.
There are piles of laundry I must get done.
(Housework is just not my idea of fun!)
What's that? What's that you say?
There was another challenge posted today?
Well, of course I'm going to play!!!

And play I did. But because I have SOOOOO much other stuff to do, I had to combine all 3 challenges in one project. Go me!!!
This is a wedding card for the Caardvarks Wedding Card Challenge. It uses paper piecing for the I'm in pieces challenge over at Paper, Scissors and Superheroes. And, last but not least, I made some origami butterflies for the Asian Fusion Challenge over at Capture the Moment.


I originally wanted to add the butterflies to the card, but it was to hard to fold small ones, so I embellished a coordinating gift bag with them. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful. I loved your poem, and I have all that same stuff to do. Man, It's nice to know I'm not the only one....I think I'll get some of that stuff done tomorrow. ;)
    Good luck in the contest, and in getting all that work done....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that poem! so true, so true!! And your card is so pretty! (a much better use of your time than all that housework nonsense!) haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing along with my paper piecing challenge! You did a great job! I was going to play along with the oragami challenge, until I realized after a bit of messing around that I am oragami challenged. hee. But YOU did a fabulous job with those butterflies! :-)

    Betsy Veldman
    Paper Crafts Go-to Gal

    ReplyDelete