Wednesday, March 18, 2009

effortless beauty

hah!!!

This card wasn't the least bit effortless. In fact, I struggled with it. I made it for the Sketch #6 challenge over at Card Patterns, and boy, did I struggle.

I do have to say however, that I really enjoyed the challenge. I mean, I was seriously challengED!!! It really forced me to keep working, to keep trying, and to keep from tossing it in the trash and pulling out my hair!!! I guess that's why they call it a challenge, huh?!?!?

Anyway, I am not sure what I think of my final product. But, it is starting to grow on me!!!

I went through each and every one of the GORGEOUS, CREATIVE and WONDERFUL entries and was blown away!!! They are all so great, I am glad I am not responsible for picking the winner!! You should check them out too!!

7 comments:

  1. I think this is a lovely card. I really like the colors and I love that little bird image. I like how your tag is made of vellum. Nice job, thanks for joining us again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I love the colors and that bird is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear that you struggled with the sketch. My point of view, you did a great spin on it! Beautiful! Love that cardboard and that birdie is a cutie. I love how you stamped the sentiment in a (vellum?) paper and made it look like a ribbon. I'm glad you didn't give up, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card turned out great for being difficult for you! I love the colros, great job!
    Jennifer H

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what I love about sketches- sometimes they're a cinch and other times you really have to step back and WORK on it. This turned out great though. I love your colors.

    Glad you played along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your card is wonderful and was well worth all of the effort! Your card has such a lovely feel to it, I can almost hear the bird singing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! for a struggle- I think it turned out beautifully! beautiful work!
    kris

    ReplyDelete