Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Toots LaRoo!!



Hello, hello. I made this Mother's Day card for my mom last year. I just started her birthday card last night and hope to have it finished soon since her birthday is tomorrow and they live about 1500 miles away!!!! Ooops! Hopefully I will post it soon.

One of the best things about my mom is that she makes up funny words for things. We grew up thinking 'girksy' was a real word meaning gross. Kinda like, "I don't like the chicken, it tastes kinda girksy." Or, "The smell in that place really girksed me out." My mom says she thinks it might be a German word, as they grew up with some German here and there.

Anyway, I grew up being referred to as Gertrude or String Bean Sally because BACK THEN I was really skinny with extra long lanky limbs. (Nothing like poppin out two kids to plump me up nice and fat like.) My brother was often called Hank or Hevilwitz the Third, although we never knew a first or second Hevelwitz.

So, in our teenage years, we started giving my mom some nicknames of her own. My brother gave her the name Hardcopy Barb, which is somewhat self explanatory. He also gave her the name Toots to which I added the LaRoo. It is what I like to call her. She enjoys it too.

This one's for you, Toots LaRoo!

Happy Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment